Ragnarok
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

September 2012 Promotions (Officers included)

+2
Sivious
xblindmanx
6 posters

Go down

September 2012 Promotions (Officers included) Empty September 2012 Promotions (Officers included)

Post  xblindmanx 4/9/2012, 15:33

I just want to start off with a congratulations to the following members for achieving the rank of Knight. For those of you who don't know. Members who join Ragnarok are considered Soldiers. After 3 months of being committed to Ragnarok we promote those members to Knight. There is no real distinction between Soldier and Knight, but we do consider Knights to be the 'core' of Ragnarok and those who truly support Ragnarok.

Knight
Vampyses
Toranaga

Those of you who we recruited in this last BWE will be up for promotion next month to Knights Smile

I'd also like to throw in recently added guild members, so that people can become more aware of who is new and help them to feel at home.

Joined since August 4, 2012
Sozu
Alizzaa
Absynthe
Adaminator1
Turiko
Sofyrus
MellPendragon
dinozzo
Blackdragon1400
Edel Ulv
slayerarcher12
Gemini

Welcome to the good guys!

And now for the biggest announcement of this post: the newly promoted officer for Ragnarok. Let me start off by saying this was an incredibly hard choice. I had five applicants in total, but unfortunately we only need two at the moment. Everybody had excellent applications and showed some good qualities to be an officer. Of course everyone also showed some weaknesses in certain spots, but that was to be expected no one is perfect. I will say this, everyone was closely matched and I had trouble picking the following two officers. However, each of them seemed to capture the special something it takes to be an officer. Not saying the other applicants didn't as well, these guys just seemed to show it off a tad bit more.

At this time, I would like to formally promote Sivious (Osiath) and Leeroy F Jenkins (LeeroyFJenkins) to Captains of Ragnarok. You guys should be expecting a PM from me to set up a time to go over all of your duties and what not. For those of you who did not make it, I encourage you to apply again whenever I am seeking a third officer. You guys definitely showed some characteristics of a good officer.

Last edited by xblindmanx on 2/10/2012, 10:59; edited 2 times in total
xblindmanx
xblindmanx
Guild Leader

Back to top Go down

September 2012 Promotions (Officers included) Empty Re: September 2012 Promotions (Officers included)

Post  Sivious 4/9/2012, 15:52

Definitely left out Gemini.. poor guy. And thanks for the privilege by the way! Smile I'll try my bestest.

Sivious
Guild Leader

Back to top Go down

September 2012 Promotions (Officers included) Empty Re: September 2012 Promotions (Officers included)

Post  xblindmanx 4/9/2012, 16:34

Oh shoot, sorry I forgot to mention I don't include thieves that I kill in one use of 100b Wink
xblindmanx
xblindmanx
Guild Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Gemini 4/9/2012, 21:26

First congratz to the Officers cheers

Second, I am going to make it my mission to find the 'Warrior Killer' class just for you Blind Twisted Evil
Gemini
Gemini
Grumpy Old Fart

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranaga 5/9/2012, 10:19

Thanks for the promotion! Good luck for the officers, hopefully i`ll get some time to play with you in the coming months.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Narum 6/9/2012, 14:34

Gemini wrote:First congratz to the Officers cheers

Second, I am going to make it my mission to find the 'Warrior Killer' class just for you Blind Twisted Evil

I used to kill him occasionally with my Mesmer build ;D
Narum
Narum
Knight

https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomHawkMusic

Back to top Go down

Post  tokoharu 9/9/2012, 05:19

I'm in your Guild Wars forumz, reading your secretz.

Also Engineer for the win.
tokoharu
tokoharu
Knight

http://tokoharu.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  xblindmanx 9/9/2012, 08:36

tokoharu wrote:I'm in your Guild Wars forumz, reading your secretz.

Toko y u no on Yakz BenD? Sad((
xblindmanx
xblindmanx
Guild Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  tokoharu 9/9/2012, 19:48

xblindmanx wrote:

Cuz I haz level 70 Engineer on SoS Sad
tokoharu
tokoharu
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  xblindmanx 9/9/2012, 19:53

tokoharu wrote:
xblindmanx wrote:

Lul you haz slow levels. I'm pretty sure FTM created a lvl 80 character. All I know is I blinked and he was lvl 80.
xblindmanx
xblindmanx
Guild Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  tokoharu 11/9/2012, 02:32

xblindmanx wrote:
tokoharu wrote:
xblindmanx wrote:

Lul you haz slow levels. I'm pretty sure FTM created a lvl 80 character. All I know is I blinked and he was lvl 80.
lol well technically I have been going slow, my friends did the same as FTM. I sneezed and BAM level 80. Meanwhile I'm level 72 and chilling out in the 70~75 zone, throwing nades at undeads. It's fun.

Edit: And now it's 74 and a teeny bit to 75. See? I'm basically just going 2~3 levels a day while watching various series of drama/anime/cartoons at the same time lol. Right now I'm marathoning "Display Picture: The Final Windblower".
tokoharu
tokoharu
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Narum 14/9/2012, 07:05

btw toko, yes engi ftw! I think that's the class I'm going with now
Narum
Narum
Knight

https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomHawkMusic

Back to top Go down

Post  tokoharu 15/9/2012, 09:48

I hit 80 so I thought I'd give sPvP a try or two with my engineer.

I like my build, I took on three people alone, nearly downed two, tanked I don't know how many Pistol Whips and Hundred Blades (my friend, the thief doing the whipping said I tanked at least 5 complete Pistol Whips, I dunno if that's a big thing), and managed to hang on till the rest of the team got there to back me up Smile. All while lagging from upside down data packets being sent to my Aussie Netz.

Dueled a Ranger, 1v2(fucking pets) and it ended with me and the ranger on the floor downed, throwing poop at each other, and his pet chewing my face. My poop was stronger, killed him first, got Rally. ??? Profit.

All in an Engineer's day's work.

Also I love denying other Engineers, one placed a Big Ol' Bomb in front of me, I stopped right in front of the red line and filled him with lead Very Happy . Also walked through his Mine Field without setting a single one off. Good times.
tokoharu
tokoharu
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  xblindmanx 15/9/2012, 10:15

tokoharu wrote:I hit 80 so I thought I'd give sPvP a try or two with my engineer.

I like my build, I took on three people alone, nearly downed two, tanked I don't know how many Pistol Whips and Hundred Blades (my friend, the thief doing the whipping said I tanked at least 5 complete Pistol Whips, I dunno if that's a big thing), and managed to hang on till the rest of the team got there to back me up Smile. All while lagging from upside down data packets being sent to my Aussie Netz.

Dueled a Ranger, 1v2(fucking pets) and it ended with me and the ranger on the floor downed, throwing poop at each other, and his pet chewing my face. My poop was stronger, killed him first, got Rally. ??? Profit.

All in an Engineer's day's work.

Also I love denying other Engineers, one placed a Big Ol' Bomb in front of me, I stopped right in front of the red line and filled him with lead Very Happy . Also walked through his Mine Field without setting a single one off. Good times.

If you tank anyone's 100B they are doing it wrong.
xblindmanx
xblindmanx
Guild Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  tokoharu 15/9/2012, 19:00

xblindmanx wrote:If you tank anyone's 100B they are doing it wrong.
Well I dunno, what I do know is that Engineers have crazy damage mitigation, and condition mitigation. Three seconds of invulnerability anyone? Turn all conditions into boons anyone? Big Shieldy Knockback/daze? I could confuse a warrior and watch them 100B themselves to death (damage on skilling) while hitting me when I have retaliation (return all dealt damage) up as well.
tokoharu
tokoharu
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranaga 16/9/2012, 04:42

Ranger got a skilled 6 second invulnerability to all incoming damage and can pull all conditions to their pet which they can then swap, Necro got a skill each for transferring all conditions to an enemy, consuming them to heal himself or convert them into boons. Can fo into his death shroud to become virtually invulnerable (meaning all damage goes to his life force, not his hp). Dunno about other classes, haven`t familiarized myself with them enough^^
Toranaga
Toranaga
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  xblindmanx 16/9/2012, 08:27

Toranaga wrote:Ranger got a skilled 6 second invulnerability to all incoming damage and can pull all conditions to their pet which they can then swap, Necro got a skill each for transferring all conditions to an enemy, consuming them to heal himself or convert them into boons. Can fo into his death shroud to become virtually invulnerable (meaning all damage goes to his life force, not his hp). Dunno about other classes, haven`t familiarized myself with them enough^^

Warrior has endure pain for 5 secs (can spec to make it 7s) and a 3 second channeled shield block skill. Guardian has a couple second invulnerability while recharging all virtues and all those shields. Thief becomes invulnerable to everything when he steals from warrior or uses blade storm. Not sure about Mesmer or ele.
xblindmanx
xblindmanx
Guild Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  tokoharu 16/9/2012, 20:30

xblindmanx wrote:Warrior has endure pain for 5 secs (can spec to make it 7s) and a 3 second channeled shield block skill. Guardian has a couple second invulnerability while recharging all virtues and all those shields. Thief becomes invulnerable to everything when he steals from warrior or uses blade storm. Not sure about Mesmer or ele.
Mesmer has a shitton of clones lol, and Ele has Mist Form.

Guardian also has a convert all conditions into boons as well.

It's all pretty balanced, and it's up to the player to make the difference. There shouldn't really be a "overpowered" OHKO skill, if you're raping people with 100B it's only cause the person you're playing against doesn't know how to deal with it, I still think it's best to play the way you feel comfortable, rather than go with Flavour of the Month builds. On the other hand, cause people think Engineers are crap, I get to have more fun being in a niche class Smile.
tokoharu
tokoharu
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  xblindmanx 16/9/2012, 20:39

tokoharu wrote:
xblindmanx wrote:Warrior has endure pain for 5 secs (can spec to make it 7s) and a 3 second channeled shield block skill. Guardian has a couple second invulnerability while recharging all virtues and all those shields. Thief becomes invulnerable to everything when he steals from warrior or uses blade storm. Not sure about Mesmer or ele.
Mesmer has a shitton of clones lol, and Ele has Mist Form.

Guardian also has a convert all conditions into boons as well.

It's all pretty balanced, and it's up to the player to make the difference. There shouldn't really be a "overpowered" OHKO skill, if you're raping people with 100B it's only cause the person you're playing against doesn't know how to deal with it, I still think it's best to play the way you feel comfortable, rather than go with Flavour of the Month builds. On the other hand, cause people think Engineers are crap, I get to have more fun being in a niche class Smile.

Ah no, the reason people get raped by my 100b is because my 3 utilities are knockdowns/snares. Only build that can counter me is one that is heavy condition removal. Which they then lack in damage, so you only see a build like that once in a blue moon. Of course that's just my Spvp build. PvE/WvW is all about the sword shield tank build. Rush into a group of people in WvW with endure pain on, "Fear Me!", Stomp the remainders, Shield Stance out. Smile
xblindmanx
xblindmanx
Guild Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  tokoharu 17/9/2012, 08:56

xblindmanx wrote:Ah no, the reason people get raped by my 100b is because my 3 utilities are knockdowns/snares. Only build that can counter me is one that is heavy condition removal. Which they then lack in damage, so you only see a build like that once in a blue moon. Of course that's just my Spvp build. PvE/WvW is all about the sword shield tank build. Rush into a group of people in WvW with endure pain on, "Fear Me!", Stomp the remainders, Shield Stance out. Smile
Well that's the thing, my Engineer's sPvP build IS heavy condition removal, all while still having good damage, hell even good crowd control. The fact I'm immune to all conditions when my HP is less than 25% means it's strangely harder and harder to kill me as my HP goes down. I guess other classes probably have something similar?

Today in sPvP I took down a good amount of Mesmers (bitchingly annoying I swear), Warriors (same old same ol'), Guardians (mostly straightforward except this one Guardian dude, who had some serious tankiness), and a few of the rest of 'em. My last round consisted of me running away from the whole other team, so they were occupied trying to kill me while the rest of the team captured points >_>, that wasn't fun at all actually.
tokoharu
tokoharu
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down