Ragnarok
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The History of Ragnarok.

2 posters

Go down

The History of Ragnarok. Empty The History of Ragnarok.

Post  Crimson 10/10/2010, 13:12

To all new players, here's a little history lesson on Ragnarok.

Who we are

Ragnarok, a clan that was born and raised within the Bahamut server of the popular Free To Play Pet MMORPG Rappelz, here the basis of what made us who we are would begin. However, in the presence of other powerful guilds (such as Syndicate) we failed to gain any moderate spotlight, instead our true presence would be made known during the early days of the MMORPG Aika Online. Here we began to grow in both power and numbers until we had become a fairly known presence on the main forums and later on, in-game during Closed Beta and Open Beta.

However, that presence was shortlived due to a result of some misconduct or lack of communication within Aika’s publisher Gpotato, a massive IP ban was being cast down on any country outside of North America and for us who had many members from all over the world, this presented a problem. During the chaos that had come with this news, we lost the majority of our player base and all the strength we had regained was once again gone and ultimately, we left the game.

However, not all was lost, the few dedicated members who stayed with us gathered together and we began to look for a new game, during these months we spread out across many MMO’s until one in particular that appeared to have potential was brought our attention, that game was Forsaken World. Once again, we gained clout in this game and eventually built a rivalry against a few other guilds. After some real life issues took hold of our leader and officers we had to abandon the guild to attend to the situations at hand.

For a year our forums laid dormant until Blind Man took control and we slowly began to pull old members back in. While we were still weak we all devoted ourselves to Guild Wars 2. We began to recruit many new faces and have since devoted ourselves to create fun PvE and dominate any PvP competition.

What we strive for

Many other guilds claim to be dedicated PvP guilds who bear the intention of complete and utter domination of whatever games they choose to play, we do not. Yes, we do PVP and quite often, but our simple purpose is to live for what gaming was created for, to have fun and enjoy ourselves. As a result our community is a collective one spanning from players who love to PVP, to those who would prefer wreaking havoc upon the different monsters and challenges the game has to offer, and even those who like to take breaks and participate in the community side of MMORPG's. Despite our differences though, we all look out for eachother because we are not just a guild, we are a family.

Last edited by Crimson on 10/10/2010, 15:58; edited 1 time in total
Crimson
Crimson
Retired Ex-leader (2nd)

Back to top Go down

The History of Ragnarok. Empty Re: The History of Ragnarok.

Post  Guest 10/10/2010, 14:14

Crimson wrote:
We are not just a guild, we are a family.

Dose this mean we can start to call you Daddy, Pap, Pappy, Old Fart?? Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 10/10/2010, 15:19

Crimson wrote:We are not just a guild, we are a family.

Lol, this mean I am the noob son! MWAHAHAHAHA!!! J/k lol... Btw, this could be added to the Rules, meaning that whoever gets in is a new family member. Maybe it'll make people think what they really want and would help to prevent what happened last week.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 10/10/2010, 15:56

Very nice to read! Thanks for making the effort of writing that up. Smile

One comment though...

Crimson wrote:During the course of preparing for this new MMO from PWI
The company is called Perfect World Entertainment (PWE), which also hosts a game called Perfect World International (PWI). We are preparing to play a game from PWE, not PWI.

/end nitpicking

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimson 10/10/2010, 15:58

Nitpicking noted, and fixed.

Thanks.
Crimson
Crimson
Retired Ex-leader (2nd)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 10/10/2010, 18:06

Nice thread Crim. (=

Cheers.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 10/10/2010, 20:52

Magicle wrote:Nice thread Crim. (=

Cheers.

/agree

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 11/10/2010, 04:13

Crimson wrote:To all new players, here's a little history lesson on Ragnarok.

, we all look out for eachother because we are not just a guild, we are a family.

Oh i was getting all teary crim, till i saw your sig and made me remeber i hate vampires, I recon we should have a weekly guild burning Smile, it would be, like a family get together, exept you ofc would be on a stake ^^

Back to top Go down

Post  xblindmanx 11/10/2010, 11:36

Not sure if you have already done it, but if you haven't I think we should revamp our recruitment post with something similar to this, it's much more organized.

@Valdosk,

Sounds like rant nights, we should bring those back. But make them active this time.
xblindmanx
xblindmanx
Guild Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimson 11/10/2010, 11:48

xblindmanx wrote:Not sure if you have already done it, but if you haven't I think we should revamp our recruitment post with something similar to this, it's much more organized.

@Valdosk,

Sounds like rant nights, we should bring those back. But make them active this time.

I was thinking about it, but that would make this entire thread rather pointless if it was a simple copy/pasta.

Though if I get enough thumbs up for it then i'll consider changing the recruitment thread to fit this.
Crimson
Crimson
Retired Ex-leader (2nd)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 11/10/2010, 13:29

What about linking that thread to this one?

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimson 11/10/2010, 13:30

I did something better actually, I did an overhaul on the thread to include a shortened version of this.
Crimson
Crimson
Retired Ex-leader (2nd)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum